How to Find the Best Real Estate Agent to Sell Your HomePosted by Sold Buy the Sea Realty on Friday, March 9, 2018, at 2:44 pm
Selling your home is a HUGE financial decision. Once you have decided to sell your home, the next question is how do I find the best real estate agent to handle my transaction. Some sellers that are trying to save a couple extra pennies consider trying to sell their home themselves, also known as FSBO (For Sale by Owner). But in most cases, these individuals end up hiring an agent at the end of the day when they figure out that it’s not as simple as just putting a for sale sign in the front yard!
Acquiring an experienced, local real estate agent carries a lot of weight. They will be able to create and implement a sales and marketing plan, then be able to leverage their skill set to close the deal when the time comes. Most importantly, your agent should have professional integrity to represent their client’s best interest.
So without further ado, here are some tips to use when selecting a real estate agent:
- Acquire an agent that is familiar with your neighborhood and area. They would already know the housing marketing in that area and be able to familiarize themselves with the current market and inventory available.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH! Look to see if there are agents that are currently selling or have already sold in your neighborhood. Ask your neighbors for possible recommendations. Go online and read some reviews. A good place to start would be Realtor.com!
- Be cautious when considering hiring a friend or relative. Just because someone you know has an active real estate license, does not mean they are your best bet. Real estate transactions can be stressful and a huge decision so at the end of the day you want to hire the most qualified candidate to represent you.
- Make sure your agent you are interviewing has done their research. Do not just hire the agent who suggests the highest listing price. You should always take into account their experience, past sales history and personality. Your agent should be able to back their price suggestions with local data.
- Locate an agent who knows how to get the job done. There is a large percentage of real estate agents who are only part-time or view real estate as a hobby. And then they are some whose only use of their license is to represent themselves in a transaction and only use it occasionally. While these are options, consider an agent whose loyalty lies in their real estate career and is able to offer you full-service representation.
Selling a home is hard work with many hours spent on each and every detail that makeup getting a home on the market at the right price and at the right time to the right buyers. I hope this article helps you in your search for the right Realtor!