RMB Building & Design Homes
RMB Building & Design, LLC
Owner, Mack Braxton, has been in the building industry since 1973, and building in the Wilmington, North Carolina area since 1987. Since that time, they have built hundreds of custom homes for Landfall, Porters Neck, and Wrightsville Beach property owners. The staff is trained in all phases of drafting, design, and construction, enabling us to work with clients from conception to completion of their dream home. This combination of skills culminates in creative and quality custom homes.
Transforming a dream into the place you will call home is a process. They are committed to making that process as pleasant as the home is beautiful. They listen and respond to each homeowner’s desires and concerns. Always mindful of value, they guide you through the myriad of decisions involved in designing and building a new, custom home. Known for our genuine southern hospitality, they pride ourselves in consistently exceeding our clients’ expectations in service and performance.
The Benefits of Green Building
As a Certified Green Professional, they believe it is the duty of our society to meet the needs of today’s generation without compromising God’s planet at the expense of future generations. They can offer you suggestions to design and build your home in a more environmentally friendly way. They can also assist you in remodeling or renovating your existing home to make it more energy efficient. In addition, you can also realize direct cost-cutting benefits by owning a green home.
LATEST GREEN BUILDING NEWS: Our three most recent custom-built homes have received HERS Index ratings lower than 50. The OldePoint came in rated at 45, the lowest score ever given by our independent energy efficiency rating firm. They also received a Stars Award for Energy Efficiency for the Olde Point.
Green homes have relatively even temperatures throughout the home, with fewer drafts and better humidity control.
Lower Operating Costs and Utility Bills
Green homes are typically built with additional site planning to maximize benefits from sun and shade, as well as energy and water efficiency measures, both of which translate into lower utility bills and improved environmental quality.
Green guidelines pay extra attention to construction details that control moisture, choose materials that contain fewer chemicals, and design air exchange/filtration systems that can contribute to a healthier indoor environment.
Enhanced Durability and Less Maintenance
Green homes strive to increase the useful life of the individual components and the whole house. Longer-lasting materials not only require fewer resources for replacement, but also reduce maintenance and repair costs.
Green homes offer greater durability and energy efficiency, which increase both the initial appraised value of the home and, to an even greater extent, the resale value.
For many homeowners, there is an element of satisfaction that comes from “doing the right thing”.
Green building is good for the environment, good for people, and good for the future. Homeowners can feel good about doing their part to care for the world they live in.
- Unlimited General Contracting License No. 54545
- Member National Association of Home Builders
- Member of The Hammers Club, elite national custom builder group sanctioned by the NAHB, membership limited to 20 U.S. companies
- NAHB Certified Green Professionals
- Member American Institute of Building Design
- Certified Professional Building Designer
- 2005 American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) Honor Award of Excellence for Custom Luxury Homes category 4001 – 5000 sq.ft.
- 2005 American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) Honor Award of Excellence for Custom Luxury Homes category 5001 – 6500 sq.ft.
- Featured in Better Homes and Gardens
- North Carolina Home Builders Association STARS Award – Best Single Family Detached Home, price over $1 Million
- Best of Wilmington Magazine 2014 – Contractor and Homebuilder
- Best of Wilmington Magazine 2015 – Contractor and Homebuilder
- Houzz Design Award 2015
- North Carolina Home Builders Association STARS Award – Best Energy Efficient Single Family Project